Wednesday, April 14, 2010








These are 300 gallon plastic water containers that will hold the filtered water. The red one will store water filtered the first time and the green will hold the water that has gone through the process twice.
They were being lifted up and into the filtration room. The room had been built several months ago and then the tanks were bought. Door width of 40" and tank diameter of 48" doesn't work (even I can figure that out and I hate math)....
One option was to break apart the concrete and steel set frame of the door, then repair it all. I got a wild hair and climbed up on the tin roof and thought about this idea. The locals thought I was crazy... It worked and replacing the tin was easy (I think). They did break the caps though... Another item to run around Port au Prince and try and find this weekend...


No comments:

Post a Comment