Tuesday, April 6, 2010











The photo with the large piece of wood in a room with pots and pans on the floor is the cooking area of a home. A 15 year old boy lives here all alone. One parent is dead and the other has moved to another town. This is where he cooks.
The other photos are of the kitchen at the Rectory where I stayed. The one photo shows a window through which you can see the cistern from which water is drawn. The water is contaminated with parasites, bacteria and algae, but it is all they have to draw from.
Check out the stove in the one photo. I don't know if it's ever been used. It's gas and I think the idea may have been to hook it up to a propane tank.... I have to ask if it is ever used as I can not see how when there is no natural gas....




No comments:

Post a Comment